fliflicker M-Board Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Meet And Greet - Spring 2009?
GT

[*] posted on 23/11/08 at 17:50 Reply With Quote
Meet And Greet - Spring 2009?

It was great seeing a few Fliflickers today at the Marriott's show. Great times all around. A couple people asked about our Meet and Greet events and I was thinking about putting one together for the upcoming Spring.

What do you guys think? Bolsa again, or...?

G

RichardCullip

[*] posted on 24/11/08 at 05:12 Reply With Quote

I'm ready. It's been a while since I'm come down to the OC for some fly fishing with friends.

Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
Mike_Hand

[*] posted on 24/11/08 at 16:34 Reply With Quote
Sounds Like a Plan

I'll try to make it, Glen. Bolsa Chica happens to be the closest beach to me.
fliflicker
Administrator

[*] posted on 26/11/08 at 15:05 Reply With Quote

Awesome, lets do it!
Kevin

Mood: Salty

[*] posted on 26/11/08 at 16:22 Reply With Quote

I am always in, of course. Let's pick a date and book it. I think December is too busy for most of us. How about January 3 or 4, or January 10 or 11? Vote on a date.

I'll bring the donuts - Kevin
JoeA

[*] posted on 26/11/08 at 17:01 Reply With Quote

Glen,

Great idea. Typically I work on Saturdays so I'd prefer a Sunday. If the date is announced early enough I can usually arrange things to make it.

JoeA.

tpicco48

[*] posted on 29/11/08 at 04:27 Reply With Quote

That would be great!

Never Met A Fish I Didn't Like
JoeLibeu

[*] posted on 1/12/08 at 07:48 Reply With Quote

Hi Everyone,
I think it would be great to get together, as a suggestion, what about fishing the long beach area, then go up to lbcc for brunch/lunch, fly tying, videos and casting. I would be willing to set all the lbcc stuff up if people are interested and we can come up with a good date for everyone.
Will this work?
Joe L
Tod

[*] posted on 1/12/08 at 17:34 Reply With Quote

I am new to the site, but I would definitely try to show up so I can put some faces to all of the posts. A morning session in Long Beach followed by LBCC works great for me...
johnmccarty

Mood: piscatory

[*] posted on 2/12/08 at 18:38 Reply With Quote

Hey Glenn,
Great idea,I'm in. I can go with the flow as far as date,place etc. Let me know if I can bring anything.

Cheers, John
GT

[*] posted on 2/12/08 at 22:38 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeLibeu
Hi Everyone,
I think it would be great to get together, as a suggestion, what about fishing the long beach area, then go up to lbcc for brunch/lunch, fly tying, videos and casting. I would be willing to set all the lbcc stuff up if people are interested and we can come up with a good date for everyone.
Will this work?
Joe L

Hey Joe,

I'm open either way. Let's leave it up to the board and see where it goes?

What do you guys think about making it a more structured event or would you rather leave it low-key?

G

** For those of you that are wondering what the heck we're talking about follow this link....
http://www.heartbeat-music.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=466#pid1942
JoeLibeu

[*] posted on 3/12/08 at 07:01 Reply With Quote

GT,
I will do what ever the board would like to do. It is my feelling that we could have a lot of fun and a learing experience along the way. And to be selfish, I would like individuals to see the new club house in LB.
This is what I mean by more structured? What I invision is:
Meeting in LB, fishing with long leaders, floating line, getting people like Rich J., who started the long leaders in LB, Doug U. who has broken most of Richs IGFA records down to show us the area, how work the area, what he looks for while fishng etc. Then move to LBCC, have brunch/lunch
Tie flies, Get Gary B and the Z man to speak about tides, currents conditions etc. discuss long leader construction, fly line for certain conditions, show some videos and cast.
I am thinking of a more learning and sharing experince for all commers.
JoeL
JoeA

[*] posted on 3/12/08 at 08:14 Reply With Quote

GT-

I vote for Joe Libeu's plan. That would be really educational. Maybe we could add a session on knot tying too.

JoeA.

Dave
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 3/12/08 at 09:26 Reply With Quote

Joe L,
Sounds like a full day of fly fishing 'stuff'. I'm in - looking forward to putting my feet in the sand.

Dave
mleng

[*] posted on 3/12/08 at 19:02 Reply With Quote

Glen,

Sounds like fun, I'll try to make it to this one!

Mo
wtpdosa

[*] posted on 4/12/08 at 20:01 Reply With Quote

Please count me in for a Spring get together.
This Ol' dog would love to spend the day learning new tricks and put some faces to the names.

How does everyone feel about giving to the Project Healing Waters program at the same time?
I'm thinking with the location and crowd, we might be able to also have LBCC help with collection and distribution.

Any thoughts...?

Peace,
Tom
JoeLibeu

[*] posted on 5/12/08 at 16:07 Reply With Quote

Tom
lbcc is very involved with project healing waters, if everyone whats them involved, thats ok. I think it would be nice to focus on the learning and sharing of surf fishing.
Joe Libeu
JoeLibeu

[*] posted on 10/12/08 at 07:01 Reply With Quote

Hi everyone,
I am having trouble getting a handle on how many people would attend and outing in LB and then on to LBCC. Before I pull the plug on this, could you give me a yea or nea on this idea.
JoeL
dand

[*] posted on 10/12/08 at 10:23 Reply With Quote

Hi Joe,

Please count on me and my son Danny.
I will vote for Jan 03, or Jan 10, '09 or any Sat.

Thanks,
Dan--
JoeA

[*] posted on 10/12/08 at 11:06 Reply With Quote

Joe,

I"m still a yea.

Note to fliflicker members: Hey guys what do we need to get this going? Over 500 folks have viewed this thread and we only have a few responders. Does this mean we dump Joe L's idea and just stick to the beach meeting if even that? Is everyone waiting for someone else to do something? I guess I have to agree with Joe L that if there is no interest in the LBCC in the next few days that idea will be dropped. I'm pretty sure that if that option is desired it will take a little time to get that coordinated with the LBCC.

JoeA.

Justin
Super Moderator

Mood: Waiting for something to eat my fly

[*] posted on 10/12/08 at 11:21 Reply With Quote

Joe,
I think there is a little confusinon weather it is a mee-n-greet here in LBC or the one in SD Bay. I have heard Jan 10 for both events and I can hit both but I would like to. I have never been to LBCC so I would enjoy seeing it. That being said I would need a date to work with. Is there a tenative date for this yet. I am intrested in LBC 'cause it's not too far from my house.

Justin
JoeLibeu

[*] posted on 10/12/08 at 11:54 Reply With Quote

I had not heard of a meet and great in SD, this one would be more in the spring, say around April, or May
JoeL
JoeA

[*] posted on 10/12/08 at 11:55 Reply With Quote

Justin and others,

First off Justin you rapid response is great. When I go back to the orignal suggestion by Glen (aka, GT) no date was given but he suggested the get together for early spring so that's what I'm assuming as the window we are looking at. I would think that if enough interest is shown in the LBCC option we have time to get it going. Since Joe Libeu originally suggested this possible I'll have to differ to him as to what the lead time and requirements for making the Clubhouse available would be. There could be some "cover charge" associated with use of the clubhouse but those who haven't seen the rebuilt facility it would be a wonderful venue for an after-fishing activity. I must admit that I'm a recent member of LBCC so I'm somewhat prejudiced but I think it's safe to say that anyone who is not familiar with the new clubhouse will find it very comfortable, as well as very functional for activities such as Mr. Libeu has proposed.

In summary, as far as I know, no date has been set but I think the original plan by Glen was to set a date sometime in March or early April when the days get a little longer, the weather is more likely to be accomodating, and the tides are favorable.

JoeA.

Justin
Super Moderator

Mood: Waiting for something to eat my fly

[*] posted on 10/12/08 at 12:09 Reply With Quote

Got it
Thanks for the clarification I saw a few dates on this thread and thats where I might of got confused. I will say it sounds like a great idea and I'm in I just need to know when.

Justin
Dave
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 10/12/08 at 13:02 Reply With Quote

Joe,

It's been awhile since I've been to the LBCC. I attended an entomology class put on by Maggie Merriman a few years back and was very impressed with 'old club house' / fly fishing museum. I'd love to see the New club house. Count me in - Sounds like a fun day!

Dave

P.S. As far as I can tell, we're pretty much set for fishing the SD back bay on Jan. 10th. The exact meeting place will be more of a game time decision based on the best fishing area prior to the 10th (looking like J Street). I'm going to try and pre-fish ahead of time as I'm sure Bob Day will try to do as well. If anybody else hits the SD bay between now and then, please post a report (good or bad). RSVP is not required, but let us know if you're interested by posting on the SD BAY Day thread.
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread

Go To Top