Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Membership Requests and Board Help
fliflicker
Administrator

[*] posted on 9/4/05 at 15:12
Membership Requests and Board Help

Becoming a member...

Our aim is to maintain a familly friendly site.
In order to have some control over the content of posts on the message board you must be a member if you wish to post.

Send me an email with the "username" that you wish to use. I will register you and you will receive an email with a password that you can change when you update your profile. Expect to wait a while... I'm just being honest :/
We apologize for the inconvenience but this process helps us to keep the board off limits to advertisers and racy stuff

fliflicker@gmail.com

How to post pictures

I'll take a quick and dirty shot at explaining how to post pictures.
Its basically a 3 step process. I will explain each step below...

Step 1 - Get and save your pic to a file on your computer.
Step 2 - Edit your pic so it will fit on the page
Step 3 - Attach your pic to your post using the “Browse” button

Step 1 - Get and save your pic to a file on your computer.
You can “get” almost any digital image from a digital camera, scanner or from another source. The trick is saving the image on your computer where you will be able to find it again. To keep it simple I would just open and save the image you want to post to your Desktop by selecting “File, Save as, and selecting Desktop as your “Save in” location. Be sure to Save as a .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp or .png (i.e. Photo.jpg)

Step 2 - Edit your pic so it will fit on the page
Most Images taken with a digital camera or scanner are huge and will not fit in your post. They will need to be “resized” If you have a digital camera it probably came with some sort of photo editing software that will allow you to edit its size. Most folks these days at least have Microsoft Photo Editor in their Microsoft Office package installed on their computer.
Open your Photo editing software. Select File, Open and in the Look in: window click on Desktop. Then find and double-click on your image. Once your Image opens select Image, Resize and another window will pop up that allows you to change the size. Image size is generally measured in pixels or inches. The best posting size is no more than 600 pixels or 4 inches wide. Once you have edited your pic save it again and you’re ready for Step 3

Step 3 - Attach your pic to your post using the “Browse” button
Open up the message board and login if needed. Open a New Topic or Post Reply. Type in your message and then scroll to the bottom of the posting area. Click on the “Browse” button. Look in your Desktop folder and double-click on your image file. Post your reply.

Can't Log-In? How to fix.

With Internet Explorer there are cookie-related blocks which can cause problems logging in. To fix this, look for a symbol that looks like an EYE with a RED sign through it at the bottom of this page in your status bar. JUST DOUBLE CLICK ON IT! and look for http://www.heartbeat-music.com/forum/. Right Click on it and select "Always Accept cookies from this site". Try Logging in again and it should work.

If that still doesn’t work you can connect directly to the board at...
http://www.heartbeat-music.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
and try logging in there. Hope that helps!

As always, if you have any suggestions or are having trouble using the board please let us know at

fliflicker@gmail.com

For more problem solvers you can see the FAQs at the top of the page...
fliflicker
Administrator

[*] posted on 24/1/13 at 10:30

Site Update

Several months ago someone decided we were worthy of hacking and attempted to infect the site and our members/visitors with a malicious virus. They inserted literally hundreds of lines of their own script into every page of the site. We cleaned it up the best we could but the script that we used to create the site many years ago is no longer secure and needs to be redone, basically from scratch. Our host also had security issues. Fortunately we were able to secure the message board and keep a bare bones site going. We also moved the site to a better server and host.
My son Ian who built the site got married a little over a year ago and than moved to Delaware so he has been to busy to help me with it. The good news is, he is coming out to visit this week and we will be planning out updates for the site. Our plan is to keep everything simple and secure - functional and easy to use. Hopefully we will be back up and running soon ;)

Thank you all for your patience...

Doug
Post new thread

Go To Top