Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Message Board "Clock" off one day
elkhair

[*] posted on 13/4/05 at 17:57 Reply With Quote
Message Board "Clock" off one day

Hi All,
Wow! what different 'surroundings' with our new message board; not to mention the sign-in with User Name & P-word. That's OK; just hope it doesn't become a deterrent to us guys in the 60+ age range ;~)

In our prior format, the main topic was high-left, with responses heading to the right, in a "descending" manner (i. e., with left indents, growing longer, for each response) whether from new or originating responders. I am not able to get into the current format mode, albeit I've seen something like it on other message boards. Is there a way to set up my display of the message board, such that it has the most current topic, and then former topics, chronolgically?

Also, it seems we're off by one day in our time frame. Example: Today is Wednesday, April 13, 2005 @ 18:56pm. However, I can see message board entries dated 14-4-2005 already. What's going on?

TLs,
Bill Scrimpsher (alias "elkhair" user name
Mike_Hand

[*] posted on 13/4/05 at 18:33 Reply With Quote
Time Zones

Bill,

I may be wrong; that happens a lot, but here's my take on the problem. On the registration page, there's a drop-down menu for selecting your time zone. When I registered, the default was Greenwich, England. I believe that if you let the system know you are living in California, it stamps your posts with the correct time and date.
fliflicker
Administrator

[*] posted on 13/4/05 at 20:52 Reply With Quote
Correcting the Time...

At the top right, click on "Control Panel/Options" Then select "Edit Profile" At the bottom of the page you can change the time to "GMT-8 Pacific Time" It should stay that way for good.
So sorry you dont like the new format... I kinda like the simplicity of the old one too. The new board does have some nice features that hopefully we'll all get used to it before long.
I know the password thing is a hassle but as long as you dont logout you shouldn’t have to log in again unless something changes with your computer
Your forbearing participation is much appreciated! TL! Doug
Post new thread

Go To Top