Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Duct Report
fliflicker
Administrator

[*] posted on 14/4/05 at 17:04 Reply With Quote
Duct Report

Had a chance to go by the duct at Quail this PM and WOW! It’s dropped about 5 feet! Both the lake and the duct were way down and filling up from the duct at the top end. I could see it moving from the road. The locals say this is actually the best time to fish it. (When the water is on the move). Couldn’t resist wetting a line and managed 3 about 15” right at the road. Looks like all those dinks may have been blown out. Could be very good tomorrow but who knows I’ve never seen it like this…

fliflicker has attached this image:
Duct2.jpg - 27.3kb
scombridae1969

[*] posted on 14/4/05 at 19:52 Reply With Quote
Thinking about heading up there tommorrow...

Hey Fliflicker...

My buddy and I are heading really early tomorrow...Thinking of hitting Taft first and then hitting Quail.

I was wondering if you could tell me how to get to that particular area - Is this just north of the bridge? I was originally planning to hit just below the 1 3 8 bridge on the south end but it sound like this is the just north where Quaill enters the dvct? I have never been to this area so excuse the questions if they have obvious answers.

My email is scombridae1969@hotmail.com if you would rather email me.

peace.
MC
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 15/4/05 at 06:50 Reply With Quote
Duct Fishing

OK !!!!
Where's the duct located. I know it's north of the LA area about 2 hours. How close to Bakersfield is it? Might give it a try after I return from my baja trip. Just think 4 weeks of great sunshine - can't wait

Jay
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 15/4/05 at 17:40 Reply With Quote

Jay,

It's near Taft. Take I-5 to 119 West. 9 miles on 119, left on Golf Course Rd. Fish across from the course entrance.

You can access at I-5 & 138 near Quail Lake, too.

Bob
Post new thread

Go To Top