fliflicker M-Board Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Manhattan 18th Again (04/15)
GT

[*] posted on 15/4/05 at 11:26 Reply With Quote
Manhattan 18th Again (04/15)

I fished 18th this morning and found only a sporadic perch bite (15 landed in 4 hours). The water was very turbulent and very cold. Also, there seemed to be some sort of brownish foam hanging around all of the structure.

The epic croaker bite that was reported earlier in the week seems to be on hold for now.

John and Tim, it was great meeting you guys this morning.

-GT

GT has attached this image:
manhattan_2.jpg - 57.3kb
RichardCullip

[*] posted on 15/4/05 at 12:01 Reply With Quote

Thanks for the report and pictures, GT. It helps narrow down some choices I have to make -> trying to decide where to go fishing on a rare Saturday that finds me free to travel out of Bakersfield to do some fishing. I think I'll scratch MB off of my short list.

Richard
GT

[*] posted on 15/4/05 at 12:07 Reply With Quote

Rich,

Get in touch with Doug. He did some more scouting around Quail and has some info that might interest you. Check his earlier posts as well.

Good luck this weekend.

G
RichardCullip

[*] posted on 15/4/05 at 12:12 Reply With Quote

GT - I had a disappointing morning this morning at the aqueduct near Taft. I swung by on my way to work. Got there just before dawn to see it wall-to-wall chairs - each one filled with bait fishers. Nobody was catching much. I elbowed my way into line downstream a ways. Ended up casting for about an hour with no takes whatsoever. The aqueduct around Taft is getting more and more crowded with fewer and fewer fish. I might not be back there for a while. I'll check with Doug on the Quail Lake area. I've been following the scouting reports around that area with great interest.

Richard
JoeA

[*] posted on 15/4/05 at 18:57 Reply With Quote

GT,
I was out on the Hermosa Beach Pier on Wednesday checking out the conditions and the water was really off-color there too. I could hardly see the bottom in two to three feet of water. I've been following the water temp reports in the LA Times Weather section and the water temp did indeed drop about 4 or 5 degrees in the last week or so. I kind of attribute it to all the strong winds we've had causing upwelling of cold water. Just a guess.
- Joe A.

Post new thread

Go To Top