fliflicker M-Board Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: SD Surf - 6/14
RichardCullip

[*] posted on 14/6/18 at 10:36 Reply With Quote
SD Surf - 6/14

Taking advantage of the early morning incoming tide I hit the beach with high hopes. Today's destination was Mission Beach by Belmont Park. Conditions weren't quite what I was hoping for as the June Gloom combined with a fairly strong wave surge up the beach made for difficult sight fishing conditions. Actually, there was nothing to see working the extreme shallows except for some sting rays. The corbina must have been working another beach this morning.

With my best sting ray shuffle in action I waded out just far enough to probe the inside edges of some great looking holes. This put me in the splash zone of the shorebreak but it did allow me to find some surf perch. Finished the morning with 9 perch to hand and two heartbreaking LDRs. One of them was on long enough to clear all the line out of my stripping basket but it came unbuttoned just as it put itself on the reel. Not sure what it was as I never saw this hard puller.

Water has warmed up since my last visit to the beach and was clear of weeds until about 8AM when the incoming tide started mobilizing the kelp that was stranded on the beach following last night's high tide.

RichardCullip has attached this image:
web_001.jpg - 122.26kb

Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
Kevin

Mood: Salty

[*] posted on 14/6/18 at 19:28 Reply With Quote

Great day in the surf, Richard. Congrats.
Emerger

[*] posted on 15/6/18 at 20:49 Reply With Quote

9 perch? That's the most I've heard in a long time. Congrats!
Streak

Mood: Unconventional

[*] posted on 16/6/18 at 09:13 Reply With Quote

Nice Richard. Water temps are up around 65F with warmer and cooler spots in places. I have been doing some no wet-suit open water swims over the last few days and the sudden 6 degree drop as you're swimming really tales your breath away!
Post new thread

Go To Top