Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: LBC 7/20
SeapointFlyGuy

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 20/7/18 at 15:12 Reply With Quote
LBC 7/20

How about a good old-fashioned LBC report? I launched my yak from the Granada parking lot a little after 7 to fish “just farther” than my casting range from shore at Belmont Shores this morning, where I was sure the fish were always holding. Those rumors were dispelled as I only caught a few small sandies and potato chips before a little wind came up making it too choppy to be pleasant. I do not ever remember getting blown off the water by a breeze at the Junipero lot, where I have done this many times in the past, so I think I will stick to that spot for yakking adventures off the beach.

I did see a huge ray underneath me in the water which had a 5-6 foot wingspan. Never seen a batray anywhere near that big before, so I wonder if it was a manta? The thing startled me. Could have been worse, as a guy on shore told me they spotted a great white from the pier yesterday.

It was only 9:30 so I moved to Mother’s Beach and relaunched. At the north end of Marine Stadium I tied into a hefty rod-bender that felt like a big spottie, but as is my specialty I applied too much pressure when it was running and it popped off. My only strike there.

Not the best choice of AO today, but I was bound to try it all sooner or later.

...and Peter said, "I am going fishing." John 21:3

- Andrew K
Post new thread

Go To Top