fliflicker M-Board Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: PM SD Bay report 7/23,24
woolybugger

[*] posted on 24/7/18 at 20:36 Reply With Quote
PM SD Bay report 7/23,24

7/23 Fished Glorietta Bay along golf course from 5pm till 7:45. Hooked up often, all on a crazy dad variant. All 21 spotties were caught from 6-12 FOW from the end of the sandy beach to the rocks by yellow buoy E, if I recall correctly. The only downside was they were small. Biggest was maybe 10inches.

7/24 Based on Richard’s suggestion of Tidelands I tried it out for the first time. Thank you for the suggestion. I caught a tiny 4 incher moments after launching my tube and once I moved toward the bridge pylons it turned on for a few casts around 6pm. I had 3 quick doubles wth the last double putting a serious bend in my 7wt. After some good pulls it turned out to be a nice set of 15 inch spotties. Most of my fish today came near pylons nearest to my launch point. I also got a few in shallow 6 ft when kicking in to refill my float-tubes air bladder twice. The day ended with two macs and 11 spotties.

I will be trying out Richards other suggestion tomorrow. I am hoping my leak doesn’t get any worse!

Jeff
RichardCullip

[*] posted on 24/7/18 at 20:59 Reply With Quote

Glad you found some. A pair of 15 inch spotties will put a nice bend in your fly rod for sure. Good luck out there tomorrow night. Reports like this just might get me to change my early morning routine and give the evening a try.

Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
Post new thread

Go To Top