fliflicker M-Board Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Kindle books by Jerrold Paul Shelton
Steve_P

[*] posted on 7/9/18 at 14:14 Reply With Quote
Kindle books by Jerrold Paul Shelton

I was looking for a really good book on beginning fly fishing today (anyone got a good brief one they can recommend? I could have sworn I bought a great one at SoCal Fly Fishing shop a few years ago but I can't find it)

and I ran across kindle books by our old fliflicker pal Jerrold Paul Shelton - former saltwater guide and author of articles for Cal Fly Fisher mag. He put quite a few kindle books up on Amazon on fly fishing in SoCal - including ones on Alamitos Bay, upper Newport, Dana Point Harbor and several beaches. I have not read them yet but thought you'd be interested...

Steve_P
biter

Mood: curious

[*] posted on 8/9/18 at 06:11 Reply With Quote

thanks for the info steve. i miss/enjoy reading mr shelton's cal fly fisher articles. when i started fly fishing the salt his articles were a great resource (for awhile i thought he was the only one writing about the socal surf/bay scene down here). do you know where he moved to?
Steve_P

[*] posted on 8/9/18 at 07:02 Reply With Quote
JP

I agree. JP's CFF articles were great. He decided to return to his Native American roots and moved to Oklahoma - I believe he is on a res... Interesting fellow - he was in law enforcement before he started guiding in the bays and surf, and he also wrote mag articles on hunting...
Steve_P

[*] posted on 8/9/18 at 07:14 Reply With Quote
JP's plan to re-publish his articles

JP is on Facebook. He posted this about his articles on March 7 -

Attention Kindle fans..... I'm republishing the work I did in California Fly Fisher magazine and Sporting Days California on Amazon's Kindle format.

I'm starting off with the San Gabriel Days piece that I won California Fly Fisher's third annual essay contest with, because that's one of my personal favorites. Also, I've taken all of the stuff I did for my Dispatches From a Sporting Life column in Sporting Days California and included them in one collection, which includes a piece called "Mouth-Watering Recipes for Spam that is also one of my personal favorites.

I'm in the process of re-publishing the feature articles I did for California Fly Fisher, too. There are a lot of them, so I don't know exactly how I am going to proceed, but the first step is transcribing them from print . Once that's done, I'll figure out how to combine them, but I'm thinking of just doing them chronologically and separating the volumes by their year of appearance. I haven't decided yet, but I should have some of that, in some form or another, up on Amazon in a week or two.
LewRiffle

[*] posted on 8/9/18 at 07:31 Reply With Quote

Good Ole JP! good to hear about him and urge those who never read any of his stuff to check him out.....he wrote some great articles very well.
JoeA

[*] posted on 20/9/18 at 20:59 Reply With Quote

Ah yes, the Newport Special
Post new thread

Go To Top