fliflicker M-Board Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: Help needed with calico perch (Amphisticus koelzi)
Steve_P

[*] posted on 23/2/19 at 07:15 Reply With Quote
Help needed with calico perch (Amphisticus koelzi)

Hey guys,

Here is your chance to help a biologist discover more about surf perch!
See the request below (request is about the calico perch, and note that argenteus is our barred surf perch). February is already in the books but samples from following months are needed.

Personally, I don't remember ever catching a calico perch at Torrey Pines, but maybe others of you catch them there or somewhere else in SoCal.

If you can help, or have questions, please contact me and I will pass the info on.

Thanks
Steve

From a Monterey biologist:

"I am kicking off my latitudinal study of fecundity / timing of reproduction in Amphistichus koelzi and am hoping you can hook me up with some raging surf fisher who can get me samples or show me where / when to collect in the environs of Torrey Pines Beach in particular but actually ANYWHERE in SoCal would be great.

My goal is to get 10 adult females per site in the first half of each of four months: February, March, April and May. Failing that, simply getting 10 adult females over the entirety of the spring would be MUCH better than nothing.

It would be great to get a matching sample of A. argenteus too, for comparative purposes

I have *no idea* (no one does) when calico down there have visible / measureable embryos, we see that as early as January in Monterey Bay area.

Any help or hot tips would be greatly appreciated!!"
Post new thread

Go To Top